Jobs at HCD
Human Resources Branch
2020 West El Camino Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95833
Contact us at: email@example.com
The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) makes every effort to ensure the information provided below is accurate and current. However, it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all qualifications are met, and that filing procedures are followed appropriately.
Examination Announcements — Listing of current HCD "Open," "Promotional," and "CEA" examinations in progress.
Job Announcements — Alphabetical listing of job vacancies for individuals who have civil service list eligibilty, are in a classification (position) that is transferable to, or have reinstatement rights for, the identified classification.
State Personnel Board — Link to State Personnel Board's website, which provides general information about California state jobs and detailed information on the civil service hiring process.
Job Descriptions and Statistical Information — Link to State Personnel Board's official job descriptions and minimum qualifications for specific jobs.
California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) Employment Center (jobs.ca.gov) – Link to CalHR’s jobs website, where you can log into your CalCareer account and search for exams and job vacancies.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
District Representative I/II brochure (PDF) - Division of Codes and Standards
Housing and Community Development Representative II brochure (PDF) - Division of Financial Assistance
Continuous Filing - No Final Filing Date
- District Representative I, Division of Codes & Standards & Non-Peace Officer, Open, Non-Promotional Examination (PDF)
- District Representative II, Division of Codes & Standards & Non-Peace Officer, Open, Non-Promotional Examination (PDF)
- Housing and Community Development Specialist I - Open Examination (PDF)
- Housing and Community Development Specialist II - Open Examination (PDF)
- Housing and Community Development Representative I - OPEN EXAMINATION
- Housing and Community Development Representative II - OPEN EXAMINATION
Promotional Examinations (Open to HCD employees only)
None at this time.
Career Executive Assignments
None at this time.
Exempt Job Announcements
- Assistant Deputy Director, Fair Housing (PDF) — Final Filing Date: Until Filled
Equal Employment Opportunity
The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) is committed to providing equal access to employment and a discrimination-free work environment as required by federal and state laws. HCD’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office is available to assist HCD employees or individuals who have applied for a job vacancy (applicant) within HCD. The following form may be used by HCD employees or job applicants applying for a position within HCD to initiate a complaint of discrimination within HCD: