HCD protects the health and safety of Californians by enforcing standards for housing construction, maintenance of farmworker housing and manufactured/factory-built homes. HCD also proposes amendments to California's residential building standards for new construction to the California Building Standards Commission and helps train local government inspectors to better understand the new requirements. HCD creates specialized standards for CALGreen, the nation's first mandated green-building code.
Servicios bilingüe son disponible. Para hablar con un representante en español, por favor llame al numero (800) 952-8356 y pregunte por un intérprete.
In 2015-16, HCD completed a three-year, code adoption process to amend standards for construction of new homes and apartments, as well as hotels, and motels in California
In 2015-16, HCD:
- Adopted code amendments to facilitate the installation of electric vehicle-charging stations in newly constructed homes and apartments.
- Completed a three-year code adoption process to amend standards for construction of new homes and apartments, as well as hotels, and motels in California.
- Completed two, emergency rulemaking efforts to assist with drought mitigation.
- Worked with the International Code Council to update the Guide to CALGreen Residential for the 2016 CALGreen Code effective January 1, 2017.
- Participated in the Green California Summit and Expo where State Housing Law staff was featured as presenters for educational sessions.
- Completed pre-cycle activities for the 2016 Intervening Code Cycle.
- Conducted research and coordinated with Building Standards Commission, Department of Water Resources, and State Water Resources Control Board to develop building standards related to the installation of recycled water supply systems for single-family and multifamily structures as directed by Assembly Bill 2282 (Chapter 606; Statutes of 2014).