Transit Oriented Development Housing Program (TOD)
- Important Updates
- Assistance Type and Terms
- Eligible Activities and Applicants
- Get Funding — Current Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
- Previous Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs)
- Reporting Requirements (Asset Management and Compliance)
- Program Forms — Including Loan Closing documents
- Management Memos
- Training and Technical Assistance
Under the program, low-interest loans are available as gap financing for rental housing developments that include affordable units, and as mortgage assistance for homeownership developments. In addition, grants are available to cities, counties, and transit agencies for infrastructure improvements necessary for the development of specified housing developments, or to facilitate connections between these developments and the transit station.
TOD Program Disbursement Extension:
Maximum loan and grant, or combination of the two, for a single housing development or for a single housing developer applicant, including any affiliates of such applicant, is limited to $17 million per funding round. The total maximum amount of Program assistance for applications based on a single Qualifying Transit Station and all awards of Program funds over the life of the Program is $50 million.
Loans for the development and construction of housing development projects within one-quarter mile of a transit station. Grants for the provision of infrastructure necessary for the development of higher density uses within one-quarter mile of a transit station. Refer to TOD Guidelines for complete description of eligible activities.
Cities, counties, transit agencies, and developers.
Applications are invited through the issuance of Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs).
The TOD Program does not have a current NOFA. Please be sure you are subscribed to the TOD emailing list to receive notifications and announcements.
Reporting Requirements (Asset Management and Compliance)
Upon completed construction of your project and closing of your HCD permanent loan, oversight of your project and loan is transferred to HCD’s “Asset Management and Compliance (AMC)” section.
Visit Asset Management and Compliance to find:
- Your reporting requirements
- Additional resources
- Who to contact is you have questions
TOD Specific Documents
- Deed of Trust (DOC)
- Promissory Note (DOC)
- Request for Notice of Default (DOC)
- Senior Subordination Agreement (DOC)
- Junior Subordination Agreement (DOC)
Documents Applicable to all NOFAs
- Architect's Completion Certificate (New Construction) (DOC)
- Architect's Completion Certificate (Rehabilitation) (DOC)
- Article XXXIV Guidelines (PDF)
- Bond Financing Term Sheet (DOC)
- Certificate of Completion (DOC)
- Closing Checklist (XLS)
- Cost Cert and Financial Reporting Requirements (DOC)
- Cost Cert Sample Form (XLS)
- Designated Payee Authorization Letter (DOC)
- Insurance Guidelines Checklist (DOC)
- Interest Rate Resets or Bond Remarketing Requirements (Management Memo 07-01) (DOC)
- Lease Rider Estoppel (DOC)
- Loan Closing Requirements (Management Memo 05-2) (DOC)
- Physical Needs Assessment - Fannie Mae Form 4327 (DOC)
- Physical Needs Assessment - Fannie Mae Guidelines (PDF)
- Physical Needs Assessment and Replacement Reserve Study Guidelines (PDF)
- Prevailing Wage Compliance (Management Memo 02-1) (DOC)
- Prevailing Wage Compliance Cerificate (DOC)
- Project Construction Sign Requirements (DOC)
- Project Funding Sources (Construction) (XLS)
- Project Funding Sources (Permanent) (XLS)
- Relocation Plan Implementation Certificate (DOC)
- Request For Funds Form (DOC)
- Utility Allowance Determination (DOC)
- Sponsor Operating Guarantee (DOC) or (PDF)
There are currently no management memos for the TOD Program on the website at this time.
Training and Technical Assistance
There are currently no TOD Training and Technical resources on the website at this time.