Partnering with Other Agencies
Because housing intersects with so many of California's other policy priorities, HCD partners with other state departments and agencies to support and advance housing's role in addressing these shared priorities.
For example, HCD partners with the Department of Natural Resources, serving as the lead in the new land-use and community-development sector of Safeguarding California, California's climate-adaptation strategy.
HCD also contributes to the work of a number of other interagency bodies, including:
- Climate Action Team
- Health in All Policies Task Force
- Sustainable Freight Action Plan
- Various project review teams for research projects sponsored by:
- Land Use and Transportation Research group
- California Department of Transportation
- California Energy Commission
- California Office of Planning and Research