HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
- Assistance Type and Terms
- Eligible Activities and Applicants
- CHDO Certification/Recertification
- Get Funding — Current Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
- Previous Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs)
- Reporting Requirements (Asset Management and Compliance)
- Program Forms
- Management Memos
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Recipient Representatives by County
- Map of HOME Program Activities Representatives (By County)
- Contract Management Manual
Assist cities, counties, developers, including Native American Entities, and nonprofit Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) to create and retain affordable housing.
Grants to cities and counties; low-interest loans to developers, including Native American Entities and state-certified CHDOs operating in State-eligible jurisdictions.
At least 50 percent of funds will be awarded to rural applicants.
Most assistance is in the form of loans by city and county recipients to project developers to be repaid to local HOME accounts for reuse.
Rental developments are subject to terms contained in the Uniform Multifamily Regulations (UMRs), Title 25, commencing with section 8300. A minimum of 15 percent of total State HOME funds are set aside for CHDOs.
Housing rehabilitation, new construction, and acquisition and rehabilitation, for both single-family and multifamily projects, and predevelopment loans to CHDOs. All activities must benefit lower-income renters or owners.
Cities and counties that do not receive HOME funds directly from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); developers, including Native American Entities, and current state-certified nonprofit Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) proposing activities in eligible communities.
- 2019 HOME CHDO Certification Application (DOC)
- State Regulations Governing CHDO Certification -- Title 25 CCR, Section 8204.1 (PDF)
- Nov-2019 HOME Program List of Eligible CHDOs (PDF)
Applications are invited through the issuance of Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs).
Please be sure you are subscribed to the HOME emailing list to receive notifications and announcements.
- 2019 HOME NOFA (PDF)
- Appendix A – Eligible HOME Jurisdictions (PDF)
- Appendix B – CHDO Annual Recertification (PDF)
- Appendix C – Community Need Scores (XLS)
- HOME Applicant Name Verification Form (PDF)
- 2019 HOME Program Activities - Applications Received (PDF)
- 2019 HOME Project - Applications Received (PDF)
HOME Rental Project Applications
- Universal Application (XLS)
- HOME Supplement to the Universal Application (DOC)
- Developer Capacity Form (XLS)
- State Objectives Worksheet for Rental Projects (XLS)
HOME FTHB Project Applications
- FTHB Project Application Summary Instructions, Resolution, and Certifications (DOC)
- FTHB Project Application Summary (XLS)
- FTHB Project Application (DOC)
- FTHB Developer Capacity Form (XLS)
- FTHB Project Application Worksheets (XLS)
- State Objectives Worksheet for FTHB Projects (XLS)
HOME Program Activities Applications
- Part A - Program Activities Application Summary Instructions, Resolution, and Certifications (DOC)
- Part A - Program Activities Application Summary (XLS)
- Part B - Program Activities Application (DOC)
- Part B - FTHB Program Feasibility Worksheet - Down Payment Assistance (XLS)
- Part B - FTHB Program Feasibility Worksheets - Infill New Construction Programs (XLS)
- Part B - Developer Capacity and Qualifications Form (XLS)
- State Objectives Worksheets for Programs (XLS)
2017-2018 NOFA (06/05/2018)
- 2017-2018 NOFA (PDF)
- 2017-2018 NOFA FAQs (PDF)
- 2017-2018 NOFA Amendment (PDF)
- 2017-2018 Part A Program Activities Application Summary (XLS)
- 2017-2018 Part B Program Activities Application (DOC)
- COVID-19 TBRA Memorandum (PDF)
- 2017-2018 Federal Regulations (PDF)
- 2017-2018 State Regulations (DOC)
2016 NOFA (12/06/2016)
- 2016 NOFA Program and Project Awards by County
- 2016 NOFA (PDF)
- 2016 NOFA Amendment (PDF)
- COVID-19 TBRA Memorandum (PDF)
2015 NOFA (05/15/2015)
2014 NOFA (05/01/2014)
2013 NOFA (05/01/2013)
2012 NOFA (06/01/2012)
Reporting Requirements (Asset Management and Compliance)
Upon completed construction of your project and closing of your HCD permanent loan, oversight of your project and loan is transferred to HCD’s “Asset Management and Compliance (AMC)” section.
Visit Asset Management and Compliance to find:
- Your reporting requirements
- Additional resources
- Who to contact if you have questions
Form fields on each of the documents listed below may be completed while open in your browser. Once completed, the document may be printed with the data you entered.
- HOME-2 (XLS) — Quarterly Performance Report — Revised 4/2013
- HOME-2A (XLS) — Quarterly Program Income Statement Report — Revised 10/2013
- HOME-3 (DOC) — Project Funding Source Detail Listing — Revised 6/12/09
- HOME-3A (DOC) — County Code Listing — Revised 10/29/09
- HOME-4 (DOC) — Administrative Drawdown Request — Revised 12/11/14
- HOME-5 (DOC) — Project Drawdown Request — Revised 1/29/14
- HOME-6 (XLS) — Homeownership Project Set-Up and Completion Report — Revised 12/11/14
- HOME-7 (DOC) — Homeownership Assistance Rental Housing Project Set-up Report — Revised 1/29/14
- HOME-8 (XLS) — Tenant Based Rental Assistance Project Set-up Report — Revised 6/19/15
- HOME-10 (XLS) — FTHB Project Set-Up/Completion Report — Revised 12/11/14
- HOME-11 (XLS) — Rental Project Set-Up/Completion Report — Revised 4/27/2018
State Recipients who have been awarded HOME funds for Program Activities are required to complete each of the following applicable checklists as part of general set-up of the contract (Standard Agreement):
- General Setup Conditions Checklist (Contact HOME Program Representative.)
- Short Sale Request Form (XLS)
- Reconstruction Test (2009) (XLS) - Revised 3/26/2009
- HOME Program Property After-Rehabilitation Value Form (DOC)
- HOME FTHB Subsidy Calculation Worksheet (XLS) - Revised 6/2013
- HOME OOR Rehab Grant Calculation Worksheet (XLS) - Revised 6/2018
- Semi-Annual Labor Standards Enforcement Report
Annual Performance Reports (APR Forms)
- HOME Annual Performance Report Notification
- HOME Annual Performance Report 2019/2020 Workbook (XLS) - 05/18/2020
- Tab 1: APR Matrix
- Tab 2: Attachment A, Annual Program Income Statement
- Tab 3: Attachment B, Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Tab 4: Attachment D, Relocation and Real Property Acquisition
- Tab 5: Attachment E, Demographic Analysis Report
- Tab 6: Attachment F, Section 3 Summary Report
6 forms listed in this workbook are:
- Attachment B and F – HOME MBE/WBE and Section 3 Stand-Alone 2019/2020 (XLS) - Revised 04/21/2020
- Attachment E – HOME Demographic Analysis Stand-Alone 2019/2020 (XLS) - Revised 04/15/2020
APR Help Tools
- 14-03 – HOME Grant Reprogramming for Drought Disaster (PDF)
- 13-01 – HOME Memo re: grants for OOR (DOC), including the attachment OOR Rehab Grant Calculation Worksheet (XLS) - Revised 6/2018
- 12-01 – HOME Short Sale Policy (PDF)
- 08-05 – Single Family Reconstruction Projects (DOC), including the Test for Reconstruction (XLS) – Revised 4/3/2009
- 08-03 – Minimum Occupancy Standards: Rental Projects (DOC)
- 06-02 – Labor Standards Compliance Guidance and Monthly Certification (DOC)
- 06-01 – Exception Authority to Incur Costs Prior to Standard Agreement Effective Date (DOC)
Training and Technical Assistance
- New! HOME Program Tribal Listening Session PowerPoint Presentation (PDF) – The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) hosted a Listening Session on January 13, 2021 for tribal governments that may be interested in applying for HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funding. In addition to providing information on funding opportunities in the HOME Program, the Listening Session allowed HCD staff to learn about the needs and issues tribal governments are facing, tribal interest in HOME funding, and potential barriers to participation.
- New! Home Program Tribal Listening Session (YouTube) – Recording of the webinar on January 13, 2021.
An overview is provided through the Fair Housing Data Collection and Affirmative Marketing for Program and Project Activities (PPT). Forms and plans are included to provide additional resources.
Forms and Plans
Uniform Multifamily Regulation
The Uniform Multifamily Regulations apply to HOME projects receiving awards after September 29, 2003. Check the Uniform Multifamily Regulation page for more information.
Map of California showing HOME Representatives by County (with Phone Numbers and e-mail addresses).
HOME Program Activities Representatives Map (PDF) Revised January 2021
The Contract Management Manual is intended to assist our contractors. However, if any part of this document is in conflict with the fully executed Standard Agreement, the State HOME Regulations or the Federal HOME Regulations, those documents shall prevail.
- State of California 2020-2024 Federal Consolidated Plan – Consolidated Plan approved by HUD.
- HOME Final Rule (TPL)
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program CPD - HUD
- Income Calculation and Determination Guide for Federal Programs
- HOME FTHB Subsidy Calculation Worksheet (XLS) - Revised 6/13
- HOME OOR Rehab Grant Calculation Worksheet (XLS) - Revised 6/18
- HOME Match Calculation Tool Instructions (DOC)
- HOME Match Calculation Tool (XLS)
- CHDO Statement of Assurances Relating to State Prevailing Wage Compliance (PDF)
- HA Contractor's Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements for Federally-Assisted Construction Projects
- HUD CPD Notices
- Most recent HOME NOFAs - Contains deadlines for submitting CHDO Certification Applications (Section III of the NOFA) and the list of Eligible State HOME Jurisdictions (Appendix A)
- Federal CHDO Definition - 24 CFR Part 92.2 (DOC)
- Monthly Project Status Report Form Revised November 2016 – (DOC)
Forms & Manuals
- HOME-2—Quarterly Performance Report - Revised 4/2013 (XLS)
- HOME-2A—Quarterly Program Income Statement Report – Revised 10/2013 (XLS)
- HOME-3—Project Funding Source Detail Listing - Revised 6/12/09 (DOC)
- HOME-3A—County Code Listing - Revised 10/29/09 (DOC)
- HOME-4—Administrative Drawdown Request - Revised 12/11/14 (DOC)
- HOME-5—Project Drawdown Request - Revised 1/29/14 (DOC)
- HOME-6—Homeownership Project Set-Up and Completion Report - Revised 12/11/14 (XLS)
- HOME-7—Homeownership Assistance Rental Housing Project Set-up Report - Revised 1/29/14 (DOC)
- HOME-8—Tenant Based Rental Assistance Project Set-up Report - Revised 6/19/15 (XLS)
- HOME-10—FTHB Project Set-Up/Completion Report - Revised 12/11/14 (XLS)
- HOME-11—Rental Project Set-Up/Completion Report - Revised 4/27/2018 (XLS)
- HOME Contract Management Manual
- HUD CHDO Web Page
Note: HUD’s information addresses the federal CHDO definition and other requirements but does not address the State regulation requirements.