Enable low- and very low-income households to become or remain homeowners.
Grants to local public agencies and nonprofit developers to assist individual first-time homebuyers through deferred-payment loans for downpayment assistance, home rehabilitation, including manufactured homes not on permanent foundations, acquisition and rehabilitation, homebuyer counseling, self-help mortgage assistance, or technical assistance for self-help homeownership. All funds to individual homeowners will be in the form of loans.
Direct, forgivable loans to assist development projects involving multiple ownership units, including single-family subdivisions.
Loans for real property acquisition, site development, predevelopment, construction period expenses of homeownership development projects, or permanent financing for mutual housing and cooperative developments.
Project loans to developers may be forgiven as the loans convert into deferred payment loans to individual homeowners.
Assistance to individual households will be in the form of deferred-payment loans payable on sale or transfer of the homes, or when they cease to be owner occupied, or at maturity.
Note: CalHome does not lend directly to individuals.
Predevelopment, site development, and site acquisition for development projects. Rehabilitation and acquisition and rehabilitation of site-built housing, and rehabilitation, repair, and replacement of manufactured homes.
Downpayment assistance, mortgage financing, homebuyer counseling, and technical assistance for self-help.
Local public agencies and nonprofit corporations.
Applications are invited through the issuance of Notices of Funding Avaiability (NOFAs).
2020 CalHome General NOFA
- 2020 CalHome General NOFA Application Due October 29, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.
2019 General NOFA
- 2019 General NOFA – Application due date: February 18, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
- 2019 General NOFA – Amended (PDF)
- 2019 General NOFA (PDF)
- Round 2 Disaster NOFA – Application due date: Until all available funds (allocated per county) are exhausted, or by October 3, 2019 by 5:00 p.m., whichever is earlier.
2018 Disaster Assistance NOFA
- 2018 Disaster Assistance Awards
- 2018 Disaster Assistance NOFA, Round 1 - Amended (PDF) — 11/01/2019
- 2018 Disaster Assistance NOFA, Round 1 (PDF)
- State Regulations
- 2018 Income Limits (PDF)
2016 Disaster Assistance NOFA
- 2016 Disaster Assistance Awards
- 2016 Disaster Assistance NOFA for the 2015 Butte and Valley Wildfires (PDF)
- State Regulations
Annual Reuse Report (XLSX) must be submitted annually each year by July 31 for the 20-year Monitoring Agreement term with HCD. The Annual Reuse Report reports all activities from that previous fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). The report shall be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wage Income Calculations
- First-Time Homebuyer Mortgage Assistance Promissory Note (PDF)
- First-Time Homebuyer Mortgage Assistance Deed of Trust (PDF)
- First-Time Homebuyer Escrow Instructions (DOC)
- Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation/Replacement Promissory Note (DOC)
- Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation/Replacement Deed of Trust (DOC)
- Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation/Replacement Escrow Instructions (DOC)
There are currently no management memos for the CalHome Program on the website at this time.
Training and Technical Assistance
There are currently no CalHome Training and Technical resources on the website at this time.