American Recovery and Reinvestment Act-Community Development Block Grant Recovery Program (CDBG-R)
To stimulate the economy through measures that modernize the nation's infrastructure, improve energy efficiency, and expand educational opportunities and access to health care.
Grants with a maximum amount of:
- Economic Development - $2,500,000, which includes general administration costs; and
- General - $1,000,000, which includes general administration costs.
- Housing, including single- and multifamily housing rehabilitation, rental housing acquisition or homeownership assistance, and activities that complement new construction.
- Public Works, including water and wastewater systems, rural electrification, and utilities such as gas services.
- Community Facilities, including day care centers, domestic violence shelters, food banks, community centers, medical and dental facilities, and fire stations.
- Public Services, including staff and operating costs associated with the community facilities.
- Economic Development - The Economic Development set-aside was used to fund 2009/2010 Economic Development applicants who had already submitted applications to the Department and whose projects met the CDBG-R Program criteria.
- General - The General Allocation was used to fund CDBG-eligible projects that fell below the funding threshold of the 2008/2009 CDBG General Allocation distribution process, and which met ARRA objectives.
Economic Development – Applications for this set-aside are not longer being accepted.