Mobilehome Assistance Center
Visit the Mobilehome Assistance Center (MAC) page for more information on services provided by the MAC.
Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Act - $10 Fee
New! Mobilehome/Manufactured Homeowners: Have you been charged an additional $10 by park management? This fee is designed to serve mobilehome park homeowners through the Mobilehome Residency Law (MRL) Protection Act. As of January 1, 2019, park management is required to pay $10 for each mobilehome lot within their park. Park management may pass this fee through to residents. The Act established a program to help resolve certain types of MRL disputes between park homeowners and park management.
Beginning July 1, 2020, HCD will start taking MRL-related complaints and coordinating assistance to help resolve the most severe alleged violations that the Department receives. If you have questions about this fee or the Act, please contact HCD at MRLComplaint@hcd.ca.gov or 1-800-952-8356. Please see Information Bulletin 2018-03 for a detailed description of the Act.
Visit the Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program page for more information.
- Information Bulletin 2003-05: Enforcing Lead-Based Paint/Lead Hazards After Senate Bill 460 (PDF)
- For more information on lead-based paint and lead hazards, please visit the California Department of Public Health’s Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch website .
- Home Safe Environmental Training
- National Center for Healthy Housing The National Center for Healthy Housing evaluates and validates cost-effective methods to protect children from residential environmental hazards while preserving the supply of affordable housing.
Manufactured Homes and Mobilehomes on a Foundation System
How to Report the Installation of Manufactured Homes, Mobilehomes, and Multifamily Manufactured Homes
- By an HCD-Licensed Dealer to an Owner-Builder Installed on a Foundation System (PDF)
- By an Owner-Builder onto a Foundation System (PDF)
- Procedures for Cancelling Title and Registration of a Used Manufactured Home, Mobilehome, or Multifamily Manufactured Home Currently on a Foundation [HSC 18551(a)] (PDF)
- File a manufactured home, mobilehome or multifamily manufactured home installation complaint .
Responsibilities of a Manufacturer, Dealer or Local Enforcement Agency During the Sale and Installation
- Manufactured Homes Installed on a Foundation System as an Improvement to Real Property [HSC 18551(a)] (PDF)
- Manufactured Homes Installed on Pier/Pad or on a Foundation System as Chattel [HSC 18551(b) or 18613] (PDF)
- Legal Aid and Community Resources (PDF)
- Guide to Affordable Manufactured Home Best Practices (PDF)
- Manufacturer Responsibilities under Subpart I, Consumer Complaint Handling and Remedial Actions
- Manufactured Home Construction and Sales (PDF)
- CalCAP Seismic Safety Loan Program
If you need financing to seismically retrofit your mobilehome, manufactured home or multifamily manufactured home that is currently registered with the Department of Housing and Community Development, the California Seismic Safety Capital Access Loan Program can help out.
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Motor Vehicles