Alterations to Existing Parks

Requirements for Alterations of Existing Park Utility Systems, Facilities and/or Permanent Buildings

Prior to altering an existing utility system, facility or permanent building within a park, you must obtain a Permit to Construct from the enforcement agency. Where the Department is the enforcement agency, an Application for Permit to Construct, form HCD MP 50 (PDF), must be submitted to the Department and accompanied by appropriate plans depicting the proposed construction project and the prescribed fees.

Plan(s) must be drawn to scale on substantial paper or cloth and be of sufficient clarity to indicate the nature and extent of the construction proposed. Provide detailed plan(s) conforming to the provisions of Title 25, California Code of Regulations and all applicable laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations. The first sheet of each set of plans shall give the location of the proposed construction, name and address of the owner, and name of the person preparing the plans.

Note: Form HCD MP 50 can be submitted to the Department via email to:

Exception: HCD does not accept large format plans via email. These plans must be submitted by mail or in person.

For additional information concerning plan and permit requirements, contact either the Northern Area Office at or (800) 952-8356 or the Southern Area Office at or (800) 952-8356.

Refer to the Park Construction Approval Booklet (PDF) for additional information about your park construction process.

Download the Mobilehome Park Utility Upgrade Program [Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Pilot Program] Guidelines (PDF) for additional information about Mobilehome Park utility upgrades.

Check Information Bulletins frequently for additional information pertaining to alterations of manufactured/mobilehome parks and special occupancy parks.

For park construction information in Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) Areas, consult the standards, regulations and information.