Mobilehome Park Maintenance Inspections
In accordance with California Health and Safety Code section 18400.1 , HCD conducts Mobilehome Park Maintenance (MPM) inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety laws. Inspections include the general areas, buildings, equipment, and utility systems of mobilehome parks, each individual lot, and the exterior portions of individual manufactured homes and mobilehomes in each park inspected. When a "Notice of Planned Inspection" has been posted in a conspicuous location within the mobilehome park, the inspection will be conducted within 30 to 60 days of the "date posted" shown on the Notice of Planned Inspection. At least 30 days prior to the inspection of the mobilehome park, an individual written notice of the inspection will be provided to each resident.
The resources below provide additional, detailed information regarding inspections, violations, and code requirements. The booklets and video are designed to help park owners and residents living in a park that has been selected prepare for the MPM inspection.
Mobilehome Park Maintenance Inspection Resources
- Mobilehome Park Inspection Resident Information Booklet (PDF)
- Folleto de Información para Residentes Sobre la Inspección del Parque de Casas Móviles (PDF)
- Cẩm Nang Thông Tin Về Việc Kiểm Tra Bãi Đậu Nhà Lưu Động Dành Cho Cư Dân (PDF)
- Mobilehome Park Inspection Operator Information Booklet (PDF)
- Legal Aid and County Community Resources (PDF) provides local resources within your county.
- Asistencia Legal y Recursos Comunitarios por Condado (PDF) proporciona recursos locales dentro de su condado.
The video below was designed to assist mobilehome park residents and owners prepare for an MPM inspection and points out common violations discovered.
Mobilehome Park Maintenance Task Force
California Health and Safety Code section 18400.3 requires HCD to convene a task force of representatives of mobilehome owners, mobilehome park operators, local enforcement agencies that conduct mobilehome park inspections, and the Legislature, every six months, to provide input to HCD on the conduct and operation of the mobilehome park maintenance inspection program.
September 3, 2020 Task Force Meeting
- Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Member’s Briefing Paper (PDF)
- Attachment I: Completed MPM Inspections (PDF)
- Attachment II: MRLPP Program Information (PDF)
Mobilehome Park Maintenance Inspection Audit
Please visit the Mobilehome Park Maintenance Inspection Audit page for details regarding the recent evaluation of HCD’s Mobilehome Park Maintenance (MPM) inspection process.