Registration and Titling

The Registration and Titling (R&T) Program provides registration and title documents for new or resold manufactured homes, commercial modulars, floating homes and truck campers. The program annually renews registrations for nearly 205,000 manufactured homes and commercial modulars in four district offices throughout the state, and provides assistance to dealers, escrow offices, manufacturers, local tax assessors, and the general public in obtaining title and registration documents, registration renewals, tax clearances, and title transfers for manufactured homes, commercial modulars, truck campers, and floating homes.

Servicios bilingüe son disponible.  Para hablar con un representante en español, por favor llame al numero (800) 952-8356 y pide un intérprete.

Registration Renewal

Renew your registration through our online portal.


Refer to the complete list of fees for all registration and titling purposes.


You may download forms associated with registration and titling of your manufactured home, mobilehome, commercial modular, floating home, and truck camper.

Title Transfer and Search

Online Title Search and Escrow Opening

You may do an online search for title through our online portal. You must first create an account or login to an existing Requestor Account to open escrow or conduct a title search.

Changes of Ownership or Registration Renewals

The Program maintains records and files establishing the existence and ownership of manufactured homes, mobilehomes, commercial modulars, floating homes, and truck campers. Any changes of ownership or registration renewals are updated and new documents are mailed to the owners. Scanned copies of the initial reporting documents are kept as permanent history records.

Obtaining a Lien Release

How to remove lender from your "Certificate of Title"

When you have a loan for your manufactured home, mobilehome, commercial modular, floating home, or truck camper, the lender holds the Certificate of Title and is listed as the legal owner of the home. This means there is a “lien” against your home; which can prevent you from selling your property. Once you have paid off your loan, the lien should be removed by removing the lender from your Certificate of Title.

Typically, once you pay off your loan, the lender signs the back of the Certificate of Title to release the title to you. If the lender is a company, the releasing signature is done by an authorized person for the company. If the lender does not have the Certificate of Title, the lender/authorized person can complete a Lien Satisfied form – HCD RT 475.3 (PDF).

If your lender was a bank that has since gone out of business, please visit the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) website for additional assistance.

Salvage Units

If your mobilehome or commercial modular has been destroyed, you must declare the destroyed unit as “salvage.” For detailed information on when and how to declare a unit salvage, review the information on the Salvage Units page. 

Retail Value Requests

You may submit a Retail Value request via email using the form provided. Complete the retail value request form (PDF) and email it to or fax to (916) 854-2551.

Manufactured Homes / Mobilehomes on Permanent Foundation

When a manufactured home or multifamily manufactured home is installed on a foundation system, the home will no longer be registered by the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD). See HCD’s Consumer Information page for additional information about the process to cancel registration for homes on permanent foundation.

Contact Registration and Titling

Registration and Titling
(800) 952-8356

Hours of Operation:  Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Codes and Standards Main Office

9342 Tech Center Drive, Suite 500
Sacramento, CA  95826
Street Map *

El Cajon District Office

1530 Hilton Head Road, Suite 107
El Cajon, CA  92019-4655
Phone:  (619) 441-2326
Street Map *

Riverside District Office

3737 Main Street, Suite 400
Riverside, CA  92501-3337
Phone:  (951) 782-4431
Street Map *

San Luis Obispo District Office

3220 South Higuera, Room 103 B
San Luis Obispo, CA  93401-6982
Phone:  (805) 549-3373
Street Map *

* The maps to our offices listed above are provided by "Google Maps". The products and services advertised are not promoted or endorsed by HCD.

Send Mail to Registration and Titling

Registration and Titling
P.O. Box 277820, Sacramento, CA 95827-7820
Registration and Titling — Registration Renewals
P.O. Box 26060, Sacramento, CA 95826-0600
Registration and Titling — Requestor Accounts
P.O. Box 276540, Sacramento, CA 95827-6540

Information Bulletins

Check Information Bulletins frequently for additional information pertaining to registration and titling.

Laws and Regulations

The State law governing HCD's R&T Program can be found in California Health and Safety Code, Division 13, Part 2, Chapter 8 .

Regulations are contained in Title 25, California Code of Regulations, Division 1, Chapter 5 .

County Tax Collector Contacts

For a list of county tax collectors and contact information, visit the California State Board of Equalization's Listing of County Tax Collectors.