Affordable Housing Rental Directory
Affordable rental developments are listed below by county. Each list includes contact information for rental housing that may be available.
Last Updated - October 2020
Additional lists of affordable rental housing are available from:
- California Housing Finance Agency: Apartment Rental Information
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD): Affordable Apartment Search
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: Multi-Family Housing Rentals
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee: Map of affordable multifamily housing
|Alameda (PDF)||Kings (PDF)||Placer (PDF)||Sierra (PDF)|
|Alpine (PDF)||Lake (PDF)||Plumas (PDF)||Siskiyou (PDF)|
|Amador (PDF)||Lassen (PDF)||Riverside (PDF)||Solano (PDF)|
|Butte (PDF)||Los Angeles (PDF)||Sacramento (PDF)||Sonoma (PDF)|
|Calaveras (PDF)||Madera (PDF)||San Benito (PDF)||Stanislaus (PDF)|
|Colusa (PDF)||Marin (PDF)||San Bernardino (PDF)||Sutter (PDF)|
|Contra Costa (PDF)||Mariposa (PDF)||San Diego (PDF)||Tehama (PDF)|
|Del Norte (PDF)||Mendocino (PDF)||San Francisco (PDF)||Trinity (PDF)|
|El Dorado (PDF)||Merced (PDF)||San Joaquin (PDF)||Tulare (PDF)|
|Fresno (PDF)||Modoc (PDF)||San Luis Obispo (PDF)||Tuolumne (PDF)|
|Glenn (PDF)||Mono (PDF)||San Mateo (PDF)||Ventura (PDF)|
|Humbolt (PDF)||Monterey (PDF)||Santa Barbara (PDF)||Yolo (PDF)|
|Imperial (PDF)||Napa (PDF)||Santa Clara (PDF)||Yuba (PDF)|
|Inyo (PDF)||Nevada (PDF)||Santa Cruz (PDF)|
|Kern (PDF)||Orange (PDF)||Shasta (PDF)|
Housing Discrimination Complaints
There are two government bodies that deal with housing discrimination complaints:
- The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing; and
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Office.
You can only file a complaint with one of the two offices.
- The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
Complaint Process page
Open Monday – Friday from 8 am to 5 pm except on these state holidays .
The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
2218 Kausen Drive, Suite 100
Elk Grove, CA 95758
(800) 884-1684 (voice)
(800) 700-2320 (TTY)
California’s Relay Service at 711
Disability Accommodations: email@example.com or call (844) 541-2877.
If you need assistance to this information, either for a disability or for a translation into another language, you can call, email or visit the offices. Statewide office locations .
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Office San Francisco Regional Office of FHEO
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
One Samsome Street, Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94104
Civil Rights Complaints: ComplaintsOffice09@hud.gov
File a complaint with HUD
Legal Aid Organizations
For eviction/discrimination/housing law issues, refer to local legal aid resources:
Public Housing Authorities
For those that have vouchers or want to know how to seek a voucher, refer to local PHA: