Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI) Areas
Construction Requirements for Manufactured Units Installed in Fire Hazard Areas
- Information Bulletin 2012-03 (MH) (PDF)
- Contact the Manufactured Housing Program at ContactMH-FBH@hcd.ca.gov for questions regarding the Information Bulletin.
- WUI Ignition Resistant Construction Regulations: CCR, Title 25, Article 2.3 (PDF)
- Approved Fire and Ember Resistant Eave Vent (PDF)
- California Building Code, Part 2, Chapter 7A (PDF)
- Fire Resources from UC Cooperative Extension
- Wildfire Preparation
- Wildfire Preparation: Preparing Your Home
- Building in Wildfire-Prone Areas
- Wildfire Planning & Engineering
- Ignition-Resistant Construction Requirements for Mobilehome Parks and Special Occupancy Parks After January 21, 2009 (PDF)
The listing of Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) Approved Products was created to provide a directory of WUI products that are in compliance with Chapter 7A of the California Building Code and Chapter R327 of the California Residential Code. The list of approved products is provided in the Building Materials Listing (BML) under the following Categories:
- 8110 - Decking Materials
- 8120 - Exterior Windows
- 8140 - Exterior Sidings and Sheathings
- 8150 - Exterior Doors
- 8160 - Under Eave
Use the Office of the State Fire Marshal’s (SFM’s) Building Materials Listing page to find out more information on approved products.
The SFM’s Building Materials Listing Program provides building authorities, architectural and engineering communities, contractors, and the fire service with a reliable and readily available source of information regarding SFM approved products and materials.