Community Development Block Grant Program - Mitigation (MIT)
Amanda Ohman – CDBG-DR Section Chief
Susan Naramore – Sr. Specialist-Disaster Recovery
CDBG-MIT funds represent a unique and significate opportunity for grantees to use the assistance in areas impacted by recent disasters to carry out strategic and high-impact activities to mitigate disaster risks and reduce future losses. While it is impossible the eliminate all risks, CDBG-MIT funds will enable grantees to mitigate against disaster risks, which at the same time allowing grantees the opportunity to transform state and local planning. — U.S. Housing and Urban Development, Federal Register Notice, August 30, 2019, page 45838.
State CDBG-MIT Action Plan for 2017 Disasters
Federal Register Notices
Following the public review period, the CDBG-DR Draft Action Plan will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Federal Register Notice Summary (PDF)
- Federal Register/Volume 84, No. 169 (PDF) — Friday, August 30, 2019 Notices
CDBG-DR Documents for Review Pursuant to Public Notices
Upcoming Public Meetings
Persons needing special assistance, or reasonable accommodation, please contact HCD at email@example.com within five working days of any public meeting in order to facilitate the request.
Public Meeting Notice (PDF) - English / (PDF) Spanish
CDBG Mitigation Program Community Meeting (YouTube) - Santa Barbara County, March 5, 2020
March 4, 2020, 6pm-8pm for City of Ventura, Ventura County
County Government Center, Hall of Administration, Board of Supervisors Hearing Room and Training Room, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura, California 93009
March 5, 2020, 6pm-8pm for Santa Barbara County
County Board of Supervisor Hearing Room & Supervisors Conference Room, 105 E Anapamu St # 406, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
March 9, 2020 6pm-8pm for City of Napa, Napa County
Napa Senior Center, 1500 Jefferson Street, Napa, CA 94559
In response to COVID-19, the California Department of Housing and Community Development is changing the CDBG-MIT Public Meetings to online-only events.
HCD will not be hosting any further in-person hearings.
There will not be a meeting held at the original location, this will be an online-only event. Instructions to join are below:
March 18, 2020 6pm-8pm for City of Santa Rosa, Sonoma County
Meeting Information: March 18, 2020, 6:00 p.m.
March 23, 2020 6pm-8pm Nevada, Butte, and Yuba Counties
Meeting Information: March 23, 2020, 6:00 p.m.
2018 CDBG-MIT Contracts
Grant Administration Contracts - State of California: B13DS060001
|G. Amount of
|GCR, Inc.||021019674||HCD||09/12/2019||10/31/2020||$383,000||$0||CDBG-MIT Action Plan (PDF)|
2018 CDBG-MIT Quarterly Performance Reports (QPRs)
The first QPR will be posted at the end of the first quarter after the State’s grant is active.
Plans & Reports
- 2015-2025 Statewide Housing Plan
- California Inter-Regional Partnership (IRP) Program Final Report (2005)
- The Future of Infill Housing: Opportunities, Potential, Feasibility and Demand (2005)
- Recommendations of the Interagency Task Force on Homelessness (2003)
- Raising the Roof - California Housing Development Projections and Constraints (2001)
- Housing: California's Foundation for Economic Growth (PDF)
- Draft Substantial Amendment to 2015-16 Annual Action Plan and Public Notice (PDF)
- 2010-2015 California Consolidated Plan
- Annual Plan, CAPER (updated annually)