Community Development Block Grant Program - 2019 Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) - 2018 Disasters
Amanda Ohman – CDBG-DR Section Chief
Susan Naramore – Sr. Specialist-Disaster Recovery
HUD provides flexible grants to help cities, counties, and States recover from Presidentially declared disasters, especially in low-income areas, subject to availability of supplemental appropriations. In response to Presidentially declared disasters, Congress may appropriate additional funding for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program as Disaster Recovery grants to rebuild the affected areas and provide crucial seed money to start the recovery process. Since CDBG Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) assistance may fund a broad range of recovery activities, HUD funding may be able to help communities and neighborhoods that otherwise might not recover due to limited resources.
Status: HCD is in active procurement using state funds for this Action Plan.
Federal Register Notices
The Federal Register Notice for this funding has not been released, however, it is expected that the notice will rely heavily on the previous notices listed below:
- Federal Register/Vol. 83, No. 28 - Friday, February 9, 2018 (PDF)
- Federal Register/Vol. 83, No. 157 - Tuesday, August 14, 2018 (PDF)
- Federal Register Briefing FRN - August 14, 2018 (PDF)
- Federal Register/Vol. 84, No. 6 - Wednesday, January 9, 2019 (PDF)
- Federal Register/Vol. 84, No. 40 - Thursday, February 28, 2019 (PDF)
CDBG-DR Documents for Review Pursuant to Public Notices
The notices will be posted during the Action Plan development.
Grant Administration Contracts - State of California
|G. Amount of
The first QPR will be posted at the end of the first quarter after the State’s grant is active.
Plans & Reports
- 2015-2025 Statewide Housing Plan
- California Inter-Regional Partnership (IRP) Program Final Report (2005)
- The Future of Infill Housing: Opportunities, Potential, Feasibility and Demand (2005)
- Recommendations of the Interagency Task Force on Homelessness (2003)
- Raising the Roof - California Housing Development Projections and Constraints (2001)
- Housing: California's Foundation for Economic Growth (PDF)
- Draft Substantial Amendment to 2015-16 Annual Action Plan and Public Notice (PDF)
- 2010-2015 California Consolidated Plan
- Annual Plan, CAPER (updated annually)